How we manage privacy on our website
- ‘Need To Know’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Need To Know Club Ltd. entity with which you are interacting. For example, the entity managing the website you are using;
- ‘the site’ or ‘the website’ means the Need To Know website – needtoknow.club – you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, subscribing to our services or visiting our site.
2. HOW TO CONTACT US
Address: FAO the Data Protection Officer, Need To Know Club Ltd., 71-75 Shelton Road, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ, England.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, for example when you become a member. This information might include your email address, name, credit card information and other information relevant to the service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on the website and emails.
We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please refer to section 6 below.
Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us such as accessing our website or our monthly newsletter;
- To provide customer service and support, deal with enquiries or notify you of changes in relation to use of our site or other services;
- To carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our sites and services.
5. WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties that we work with, where necessary for the purposes of delivering to you services that you request from us;
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
7. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
8. HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
We do not sell information about our members.
9. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Our servers are situated inside the European Economic Area (EEA) and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
10. YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the right to see the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer (details provided above at Paragraph 2) and payment of a £10 fee. You can also contact us using the details above at Paragraph 2 if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect.